Alfresco dining the BLW way!

Alfresco dining the BLW way!

Friday 5 November 2010

Day Four of the Homemade Challenge

Still doing well and have just baked two batches of carrot and cheese pretzels (with added fresh basil which makes them even yummier!) as won't be near by cooker all weekend.  I am getting pretty nifty with the pretzel shapes now but did half pretzels and half shooting star cookie cutter for variety.  I used the food processor to mix everything tonight and it turned out so much better than by hand...I wish Ethan Bear didn't hate the noise of that thing so much or I would use it more often!   Am loving my silicone bakeware from Aldi...if you have one near you I would recommend seeing if they have any left - it's a couple of quid and nothing sticks to it so it's one less thing to have to scrub at after you've finished baking - everything just slides off.





We had roast duck for dinner and Ethan LOVED it! The cauliflower cheese side dish went down well too.  I love to see him sitting there tucking into the same dinner as us, he seems so grown up.  I had to shred a few duck bits up as they were slightly too chewy and we had a few gagging and coughing up moments but mostly Ethan just showed all our guests what a grown up boy he was eating everything put in front of him with relative ease.  

It's that time of night again...the boys are both in bed so I'm off to collapse is a heap beside them to do it all over again tomorrow.  And I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment