Alfresco dining the BLW way!

Alfresco dining the BLW way!

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Day Two of the Homemade Challenge

Ethan seems to have been enjoying the fruits of my labour. He has loved chewing on the homemade breadsticks which last a lot longer than shop bought ones as they are more chewy.  He's also had quite a lot of fruit today.  He had one slice of orange but then made protesting noises on the high chair so I offered him a banana and he smiled and munched that like there was no tomorrow.  It was funny to think he was getting so grizzley cos Mummy had given him the wrong type of fruit, little diva!

I ended up making cheese and carrot pretzels this afternoon after I'd made a carrot cake...can you tell carrots are in season here?!!! Apart from bananas (which are great for Ethan and he loves so they are staying!) we eat very seasonably in this house.  In the fridge we have a bit of swede leftover, parsnips, carrots (yes even more...!) and we did have a butternut squash.  On my list of links I have a site where you can check what's in season and what's at it's best so you can decide what to eat.  It's fun to do it and stops you eating the same fruit and veg all the time and getting stuck in a rut.  It's all great experience for baby too...I still get very excited when Ethan Bear tries something new although he just takes it all in his stride.   

Tomorrow Ethan is going to get some of Stevo's gorgeous curry leftover from today.  That's the thing with our meal plans for the week, they normally go a bit all over the place but Stevo offered to cook dinner tonight to give me a break so I wasn't gonna argue!  It's good to have a rough idea how the week is gonna pan out but the mood can take me completely off on a tangent...organised chaos I call it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment