Alfresco dining the BLW way!

Alfresco dining the BLW way!

Wednesday 3 November 2010

Day Three of the Homemade Challenge

Today has gone really well.  Ethan is still loving his chewy breadsticks and they last longer than the shop bought ones and are less likely to disintegrate all over the place.  I did get a bit sad when a homemade pretzel fell from Ethan's hand whilst we were out with the buggy in a way that I wouldn't care with processed stuff and then I realised the main bonus of homemade stuff.  You know they are made with love.  I cared when I rolled and shaped each one of those in a way a machine in a factory doesn't (some might say couldn't! ;O) ).  The main difficulty with switching to homemade seems to be the need for planning so there are enough snacks to hand for when Ethan wants a little nibble of something (which is quite a lot!).  In the tupperware tub we have carrot and cheese pretzels, breadsticks and now fruity fingers but supplies could do with restocking so tomorrow I will bake some more.  Baking is a real pleasure, a nice way to unwind after a day spent chasing my little monkey and a way to be creative and useful at the same time.  But it's pretty exhausting too so up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire go I!

No comments:

Post a Comment