Alfresco dining the BLW way!

Alfresco dining the BLW way!

Friday 10 September 2010

Thank Crunchie!

Oatcakes went down a storm this morning.  I put lots of full fat cream cheese on them and it was extremely messy!  Ethan nearly got cream cheese in his eye somehow!  He looked so cute with it all round his face and on his hands.  Was glad I decided not to get him dressed til after breakfast.  The cats resembled vultures, circling the bottom of the high chair waiting for scraps to fall down and then licking the cream cheese off the oatcakes. I'm sure the chickens will appreciate the soggy oatcakes - nothing in our house is ever wasted!

I decided to try Ethan with a cup this morning.  The only baby one we had was WAY too big - like me trying to drink out of a bucket so I gave him a shot glass which was better but I worry about him breaking so am going to get a doidy cup when funds allow.  Only a tiny bit of water went in but he is still breastfeeding a lot so I know it's just a case of getting him used to cups gradually.

I am off to the market later to stock up on fruit and vegetables for the week.  It is so much cheaper than the supermarket and we have a chat with the stallholders as we have been going to the same ones for a few years.  There is one for all your usual stuff and then a Sikh man has one with lots of spices and more exotic ingredients.  He always tries to tempt us with his homemade samosas...may just have to get some this week! 

It is also weigh in day for me on my weight loss plan.  I am back to my pre pregnancy weight now but am trying to lose a bit more as I want to look good for my 30th birthday in October and, of course, our wedding next July.  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment