Alfresco dining the BLW way!

Alfresco dining the BLW way!

Thursday 16 September 2010

Up Town Bear!

Am so proud of little Bear today.  Left to meet my friend Sarah & her baby Pip in town at 10am and didn't get home til 3.30pm and he behaved so well!  Is this the same baby that was crying a month ago if I went out in the pushchair for 15 minutes with him?  Just goes to show, phases come and go with babies and you shouldn't worry too much when they are going through a difficult one! So it was baby led weaning on the move again.  Some breadsticks were munched in Asda cafe and then a long breastfeed before a nap.  Then we went for a mooch around the shops.  Then we had veggie sushi for lunch and Ethan had a little nibble.  Am going to make some soon I swear, it's so lovely! Then  Sarah bought us mummies some lovely shortbread in John Lewis cafe and the babies shared a fruit salad.  Ethan tried slices of apple and orange for the first time and loved them.  I have always been a bit scared to give him hard slices of apple but I don't know what I was worrying about to be honest.  A very successful day.

One thing really annoyed me though...Mothercare recently had a refit and reopened the store with lots of pomp and ceremony.  And what have they changed?  Got rid of the two parent and child toilets!  Had to search everywhere in town to find one I could fit the buggy in whilst bursting for loo.  Thank God for Asda!

Had my first go at expressing some milk today in months.  Last time it was so I could go and watch Hole play at Brixton Academy.  This time it's for Ethan spending the whole day with Grandma whilst me and his daddy go to the pediatric first aid course.  It took a while to get going and then after lots of swopping over and getting fed up I managed one and a half ounces.  Not bad seeing as I had just fed Ethan and they say your milk supply is less at night.  Will try and get more pumped in the morning.  Want to leave plenty so I don't stress.  Am dreading leaving him all day as it is but at least if I can get together lots of milk I know a part of me is with him still nourishing him.

No comments:

Post a Comment